The story of Rancho Victoria Vineyard began in 1854 with George and Margarete Greilich, saloon owners from Drytown, the oldest community in Amador County and the county’s first gold discovery site. As the town grew, George decided to move his family to a more peaceful cattle ranch. He purchased an initial 400 acres of Victoria Valley and homesteaded the rest. In those days, it was not unusual to see cowboys (probably George’s seven sons) coming over the rolling hills driving cattle before them. Three generations of Greilich’s worked the ranch, and it remained an active cattle ranch for more than 150 years. Today, cattle still graze the rolling hills while our 120 acre vineyard is the focal part of the property.