Amador Vintners Food Drive
The Amador Vintners Association is partnering with the Amador County Interfaith Food Bank by collecting non-perishable food items between November 16th – December 18th. Guest who visit a participating winery and donates a minimum of five items that are non-perishable within expiration date will receive an offering from the participating winery. Each winery will create it’s own offering – Examples: 10% off purchase, 2 for 1 wine tasting, complimentary wine tasting, and beyond.
- Amador County Interfaith Food Bank will deliver a designated collection box to each winery that signs up for the Amador Vintners Food Drive by Monday, November 6th.
- Amador Vintners will send a targeted email to 17K consumers with each participating members offering
- Amador Vintners Food Drive will be featured on the home page of the Amador Vintners website – Average of 10K visitors per month
- Amador Vintners Food Drive will be boosted on all Amador Vintners social media platforms – 15K social media fans
- Amador Vintners Food Drive will be featured on Fox40 Studio Live in November
The pandemic and resulting current economic climate have greatly impacted local families. While the rather startling numbers tell one story, there is more to it than just statistics. Even prior to COVID-19, the Interfaith Food Bank served thousands of residents each year, the vast majority of whom were senior citizens and working heads-of-households who, even with full-time employment, could not put enough food on their tables for their families.
In 2023, the Interfaith Food Bank served just over 1,949 households and 6,291 individual in our county.
For more information visit FeedAmador.org