The Amador Vintners winery and partner members below are hiring for the following positions. Please contact the winery or business directly for more information and to apply.
Seasonal Harvest-Cellar Positions
Assist in the Crush Season by providing support to the Winemaking/Cellar departments.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Shoveling pomace from tanks
- Stave removal and installation
- Pulling hoses and setting up pumps
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks and process equipment
- Assisting operators and racker/blenders in various processing operations
- Assisting operators in running crush machinery
- Barrel related activities: moving barrels, filling, emptying, topping, additions
- Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management System and related activities, including SQF standards
- Food Safety Responsibility: Report problems with the food safety management system to supervisor
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Cellar Experience and plus, but not necessary.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions
- Conversional English language skills required, ability to read and write English strongly preferred.
- Basic math skills required
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through with assignments and projects
- Ability to accurately carry out written and verbal instructions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a “team player”
- Ability to work in a safe, efficient and cooperative manner
- Ability to perform regular strenuous physical work
- Available to work long hours, any shift and 6-7 days per week
- Valid California driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean DMV record
- Moderate to heavy physical work
- Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
- Standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours per day)
- Must comply with all safety procedures and equipment requirements including respirator, ear plugs and safety glasses
- Exposure to various chemicals in production areas
- Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
- Exposure to outside elements (heat, wet &/or damp condition, cold)
- Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
- Extensive walking and lifting of up to 55 pounds
2021 Harvest Internship
Andis Wines is a state of the art winery located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Amador County. Our estate fruit is complimented with some of the premier vineyards in the sierra foothills. We are looking for highly determined interns to help us with the 2021 vintage. We are privileged to be working with the Atelier Melka consulting winemaking company, led by the world-renowned winemaker Philippe Melka. Our specialties include: Zinfandel, Barbera, Cabernet Franc, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
Interns will gain a broad harvest experience, involving all aspects of wine production. Pre-harvest operations will include sampling estate and grower vineyard blocks for maturity, assisting with chemical analysis, and cleaning and preparing the winery for harvest. Throughout harvest, interns will be learning and developing skills in the cellar and working closely with the winemaking team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to sorting and processing fruit, cleaning and sanitation of the winery and equipment, fermentation monitoring and management, lab analysis, pump operation, barrel work, racking, and bottling.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with an attention for detail even under stressful situations. They must be willing to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends. The internship begins in late July or early August with a flexible ending date in November or December. The candidate would have ideally completed coursework in Viticulture or Enology and have at least one harvest cellar experience.
Candidates for the position must have a valid driver’s license, must be able to lift 50 lbs, the ability to climb ladders and stairs, and possess a motivated “can do” spirit and a good sense of humor.
Pay Scale: Depends on experience
Winery Tasting Room Sales Associate
Andis Wines is a modern, boutique winery producing premium wines sourced from fruit farmed throughout Amador and El Dorado Counties. Our philosophy is simple: find the best people to create a great team to make and sell great wine.
We are providing a great opportunity to make extra money on the weekends. Candidates must have a passion for the wine industry and a keen interest in learning the details of our wines and history, be able to share our story with guests, and sell wine. Previous winery, restaurant or retail management experience is recommended. There is much growth potential within the company for the right individual.
Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
Passion for wine and food
Able to work as a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
Able to service guests outside
Must be 21 years old or older, able to work weekends and some holidays and evenings
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40-50 pounds
Able to stand/ work on your feet for long periods of time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Setup and cleanup of the Tasting Room
Assist guests with wine tastings and winery tours and provide education about our wines while ensuring a gracious, informative and memorable experience.
Encourage wine sales, explain and promote the wine club, inform guests about upcoming events, etc
Assist with onsite and offsite winery events and tastings
This is a part-time weekend position. Compensation to be determined based on experience.
Club Sign-Up Bonuses
To apply for this career opportunity, please send cover letter, resume and list of references to [email protected].
Part-time position to work in our onsite kitchen a few days a week.
This person would be required to prep food for kitchen service as well as make small menu items during service.
Must be able to multitask and have prior kitchen and food handling experience.
Tasting Room Associate:
Part time position to host guests and pour wine in the tasting room and on the patio.
Prior restaurant and/or winery experience is recommended but not required.
Applicant must be at least 21 years of age and be able to work weekends.
To apply to either position, the applicant can either email a resume to me at [email protected] or call me directly at 209-256-1524.
Posted March 3, 2021
Part Time Tasting Room Sales Associate (Plymouth, Amador County)
Join us at our new Event Center and Amphitheater with our beautiful Garden Court.
Weekend position for an enthusiastic, outgoing, energetic team player for our lively tasting room, wine garden and Event Center in Plymouth.
Candidate must have basic knowledge and appreciation of wine and excellent customer service skills. A minimum of 2 years of experience in high quality hospitality environment is required. Person must have the ability to sell, develop rapport and connect with the guests. Position may develop to 4 days a week.
• Must Love the Wine Culture, Food & Cooking
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must be able to work weekends (Fri, Saturday & Sundays) to include Private& Tasting Events
• Able to lift 40lbs. and stand for extended periods
•Experience in Retail/Sales and hospitality industry desired
• Promote and sell wines, wine club memberships and merchandise by assisting and educating guests in tasting wines.
Salary + tips +commissions
Compensation Flexible – Based on Experience
employment type: part-time – Fri, Sat, Sun
Posted February 26, 2021
Part Time – Host/Hostess
We are seeking a friendly, energetic, and organized host/ hostess to join our Tasting Room & Event Center in Amador County. Must excel at customer service, think on “their feet”, solve problems on the spot, and be alert to guest needs. Host/Hostess must help and ensure quality of our facility and service.
Host/Hostess Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patrons, confirm reservations, take reservations, and track occupancy.
- Have experience with Tock, Cellarpass, or similar reservation program.
- Answers phone calls and gives basic information on reservations, availability, tasting experiences, hours, and services.
- Keep track of the waiting list and open tables.
- Assign tables to guests & Escort guests to tables, depending on party size availability.
- Answer patron questions regarding tasting bar experiences; the Di Arie winery, recommend or suggest special wines, or special discounts, as needed.
- Observe and assists in preparing unoccupied tables for customers by wiping surface top, removing debris, and ensure seats are clean.
- Assist with our team with the opening and closing duties.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; or minimum 2 years Host/Hostess work experience
- Legally able to serve alcohol
- Willing to work weekends and special events
- Physically able to wipe down tabletops, chairs; able to pick up debris from floor; able to carry 40 pounds
- Physically able to stand during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift
- Must pass background check
- Able to perform basic mathematics
- Friendly “people-person”; polite and courteous to all patrons
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Eager to learn and grow with Di Arie Winery
Posted February 26, 2021
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
Bella Grace seeks self motivated, energetic wine enthusiasts with strong customer service and sales skills to join our tasting room team. This is a part-time position.
- Greet and treat guests with a high level of hospitality
- Pour wine tastings to guests, and offer interesting facts about our wines, winemaking, and winery history
- Offer olive oil and vinegar tastings, and review the extensive varieties that are available with guests
- Suggest and sell wine and olive club memberships to guests
- Accurately handle purchase transactions using a POS system that assists in assigning discounts, updating guest information, and managing wine club offerings
- Assist in special events and exclusive wine tastings
- Perform tasting room duties, including cleaning stemware, maintaining seating areas, and providing a safe working environment
- Work effectively with tasting room staff during daily operations
- Take initiative to complete special guest request in a timely manner
- Handle any tasting room related tasks or projects assigned by the manager
- Knowledge and passion for quality wines and related products
- Previous tasting room experience preferred
- Experience and interest in customer service and working with the public
- Desire to provide a memorable tasting experience for our guests
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to work for long periods on your feet and lift 50 lbs
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bella Grace offers a competitive hourly wage and opportunity to earn excellent tips.Contact for more information: Michael Havill at [email protected] or 510-220-7575
Posted February 26, 2021
Tasting Room Sales Associate– part time
Job Description: Duties include Daily setup/cleanup & management of Tasting Room, restocking, monitoring of inventory, computer literate, & manage/distribute the Wine Club.
Must have strong sales & verbal/written communication skills with the ability to connect with people, engage in ongoing conversation, resolve customer issues, maintain a clean and inviting atmosphere.
Previous winery, restaurant or retail experience preferred. Must be sales oriented, self-motivated, & able to work alone. Candidate is able to serve multiple people at the same time, somewhat wine knowledgeable, computer literate and an unending air of hospitality & customer service. Cash register POS experience a plus. Must be at least 21, & work Fri-Sun & some holidays. Job entails lifting or moving up to 50 pounds and standing for long periods of time.
If you don’t meet every qualification but have the drive and confidence to learn and excel, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this part-time position, please send resume/work experience to [email protected].
Posted February 5, 2021
Job Title: Tasting Room Associate
Job Description: We seek a candidate who will challenge wine tasting traditions’ status quo and create world class experiences that excite and engage customers. The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for ensuring all guest receive exceptional customer service along with promoting the history and uniqueness of La Mesa Vineyards. The associate is responsible for building customer relations that will lead to wines sales, wine club memberships, and ticket sales for special events. For detailed information and qualifications
Job Title: Assistant to Tasting Room Staff
Job Description: The Assistant to Tasting Room Staff is responsible for assisting the needs of the servers in efforts of providing such experience. This position is hourly and requires flexibility to work weekends and holidays. This position may offer more hours and days at a later time depending on the needs of La Mesa Vineyards. Hourly Rate: $15 Tips: 20% of shared tips For detailed information and qualifications
Tasting Room Manager
Job Description: This position is hourly at 40 hours per week, with a five-day workweek including weekends and most holidays. Your time will be spent: (1) in the Tasting Room, managing/working the floor or managing events and (2) on a diverse range of duties planning programs and events, scheduling, community outreach, administrative support, and more. To succeed in this position, you will need to, first and foremost, ensure that all guests have consistently positive experiences. You will need to demonstrate sales skills, organization, diligence, attention to detail, and an ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, other managers, and owners.
Tasting Room Associate (Part-Time & Full-Time)
Job Description: Vino Noceto is looking for part-time and full-time tasting room associates. We seek an addition to our wonderful staff, someone that has a positive attitude, an engaging personality, warm welcoming demeanor, a curiosity for wine with a willingness to learn. The tasting room associate is responsible for ensuring all guest receive a fun, educational experience, sharing the love of wine and the history of Vino Noceto. The associate is responsible for building customer relations that will lead to wine sales, wine club memberships, and return visits.
Vino Noceto Winery (noceto.com), located in Plymouth, CA. Vino Noceto started with Jim & Suzy Gillette’s passion for wine and the desire to live in the country. That desire and passion became reality in the 80’s with their purchase of an old farming home and acreage of prime grape growing property. Vino Noceto’s staff comprises a diverse set of talented individuals, each of whom has helped the winery establish itself as the premiere producer of Sangiovese and other Italian wine varietals in Amador County, the Sierra Foothills, California, and beyond. We would not be here today without the numerous contributions from our winery staff, farmers, grape growers and tasting room staff members.
Posted: April 2, 2021