Saturday, May, 02nd
Out of an abundance of caution, the Amador Vintners Association, producer of the Amador Four Fires Festival, announces the cancellation of the 2020 Amador Four Fires Festival. We are taking this step to support recommendations issued by the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control to limit exposure to COVID-19 by cancelling large group gatherings. Scheduled to take place on May 2, 2020 in Plymouth, CA, it was expected attendance at the event would exceed 2,000 people.
For those who have already purchased tickets, a refund will be issued within 48 hours and you can expect to see a credit on your credit card statement within 10 business days, depending on your individual credit card policy.
Thank you for your support of Amador wines and all of the members of the Amador Vintners Association! We hope to see you here in Amador County very soon!
Despite the cancellation of the Four Fires event, Amador Wine Country tasting rooms are open and ready to receive wine-loving guests. The Amador Vintners Association is encouraging its members to not only follow basic sanitation protocols, but to also implement intensified sanitary protocol/procedures to maximize safety for guests and staff:
As part of our members’ everyday service of public areas, they:
- Follow the recommended “stay at home” protocol for staff that are exhibiting signs of illness and encouraging guests to do the same
- Ensure glassware for wine and water is always sterilized at 180 deg F in a commercial glass washer.
- Ensure guest tasting areas are wiped, cleaned and sanitized before and after guests and meetings.
- Ensure all winery hospitality staff are frequently washing and sanitizing their hands while handling customer glassware
Additional steps we are also encouraging our member wineries to take include:
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of public touch points, i.e., door handles, telephone handsets, chairs, arm rests, etc.
- Replacing communal dump buckets with individual disposable cups
- Making hand sanitizer readily available
- Removing communal serving utensils from food programs (no self-service/buffet style)
- When feasible, conduct tasting experience outdoors
If you are looking for an escape during these stressful and confusing times, come see us in Amador Wine Country. We are here with world-class wine, warm hospitality and distinguished history, all in a spectacular Sierra Foothills setting, and we welcome your visit.See all events